Anyway, even though I have alot of actual meaningful shit on my mind. I'd rather talk about the Oscars Nominations.
WTF?! Why does no one a. Like Revolutionary Road, and B. Like Leonardo DiCaprio in it.
I mean, I can understand some problems people might have with it. It's a bit heavy handed, and
Kate Winslet takes the heavy handedness a step further by making awkward, sharp arm movements constantly. between that and her eyebrows I think she was trying to be Emma Thompson, but I'm not positive. Leonardo is really good in it in my opinion, and bitch didn't even get a GLOBE nomination. Some jackass on MSN said he was happy that the academy wasn't taken by this "Sham" of a movie. He then went on to call Sam Mendes a hack and said that American Beauty sucked. Just because you're bitter than your career is "Dan on MSN" not even the main movie reviewer but the "oh shiz we need update NOW" guy, doesn't mean you have to take it out on Sam Mendes.
Also- Does the academy hate Clint Eastwood or what?
I mean, the man makes a movie that critics and the public love. You see how it just says Clint Eastwood on the movie poster? that's because he IS the movie. Not only is he like, the only real actor in the movie( that's what you get for trying to be realistic and working with an ethnicity whose acting chops are not so great.) but he also directed it.....and produced it....and wrote the Goddamn song for it. COME ON people, you want to make him bleed for this? I mean sure he has alot of Oscars already, but he should get at least SOMETHING for this movie, at least some acknowledgement.
Speaking of getting the shaft just because you've been nominated a few times, what is this bullshit of Bruce Springsteen NOT getting a nomination for the song from "The Wrestler" instead the nominees are two songs from Slumdog Millionare that even A.R. Rahman doesn't remember because he makes 700 songs a day and the Peter Gabriel song from Wall-E. obvious fuck up. Didn't you get the memo Academy, if Bruce writes a song with the name of the movie IN the song, then he gets nominated ( i.e. The Streets of Philadelphia from Philadelphia, and "Dead Man Walking" from "Dead Man Walking), if he uses a title different than the movie ( Jerry Macguire's "Secret Garden") then it's no love.
Also- is it just me, or did Angelina only get nominated for good measure? if she's not promoting her own shit, she's been known to show up to an event looking hideous so as not to draw attention to her. I mean, the movie was hyped crazy hyped and then came out to no big fuss. Once again, Clint Eastwood doesn't get a Nom for best director which, seriously? if you can make Jolie ignore the 8 kids and the 20 causes for more than 2 seconds to remind her that she could act once, back before she became a smug bitch, and to get her to focus on acting- you DESERVE an Oscar.
I also love that Baz Luhrman's life is an endless dream job for his wife. He's horrible at making a coherent story unless he is not allowed to write it( Romeo+Juliet) but he always makes such lavish, fucking ridiculous movies that his wife, who is also the costume/art designer on all his movies, gets an a nomination every time he makes a movie( she got 2 Oscars for Moulin Rouge, he has never gotten a nomination for his directorial or writing work, only one as the producer of Moulin Rouge's best picture nom.)
I'm not even going to talk about Tropic Thunder getting a nomination for Robert Downey Jr in the same category as Heath Ledger because it's just not right on so many levels.

I will, however, talk about how much I'm going to drool if Hugh Jackman and Martin McDonagh make it on stage at the same time. the hardcore gay sex I would imagine (McDonagh is a FUCKED UP Irish playwright) would be WAY to much to handle. Colin Farrell can come, but only to watch. He may have lost the weight and cut the dreds to once again become a hot piece of meat, but that doesn't mean I want scabies.

No comments:
Post a Comment